Lately I have been totally obsessed with my spiralizer and making zucchini pasta which is so easy and delish so when I saw this recipe, I thought it cool to stick with zucchini!
I found this decadent recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Bread, gluten free and Paleo!
What I love about this is you can cut it up into serving sizes and freeze them to keep on hand when you just feel like a little treat.
When you enjoy food in this way, it’s a sure way to stave off cravings and stay with what it is you are trying to accomplish, which is to lose weight.
I am a big gluten free fan as the research out there is compelling that gluten causes inflammation. It is not the same wheat grown as your grandmother and Dr. Davis talks a lot about this in his book, “Wheat Belly.”
Here’s the recipe and write to tell me how you like it!
1 cup of almond butter
1-2 TB cocoa powder
1 cup shredded organic, zucchini (squeeze excess water out of the shredded zucchini)
2 large organic, pasture raised eggs
1/8 – 1/4 cup grade B maple syrup
1 TB pure vanilla extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 TB mini chocolate chips, I like these, http://www.vitacost.com/sunspire-organic-65-cacao-bittersweet-chocolate-chips-9-oz and here’s another dairy free option http://www.vitacost.com/chocolate-dream-baking-chips-semi-sweet-chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Make your almond butter or use store-bought.
2. In a medium bowl combine the almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa powder, and sea salt and blend with a hand held mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed. *whoops, I forgot to do this and just stirred it with a wooden spoon and it came out great still!*
3. Add baking soda and vinegar (will fizz up) and fold into the batter.
4. Stir in shredded zucchini. If really watery, squeeze out excess water.
5. Place in a (parchment paper) lined or greased 3.5″x7.5″ loaf pan. You can use mini loaf pans too, just fill 3/4 full. You can double the recipe and put in a full loaf pan.
6. Top with 1-2 TB of mini chocolate chips. I used 3!
7. Bake for 23-28 minutes if you have mini loaf pans and 35-50 minutes for large loaf pan. Start testing with toothpick at 35 minutes and when it comes out clean when inserted in the center, it is done.
8. Allow to cool on a cooling rack and serve!
ENJOY! Maybe think about making muffins too!
To your Light and Luxurious weight loss,